Thursday 6 May 2010

First Installation

Having waited and waited for an accepted quote to lead to an installation, finally it happened today. A solar PV installation. Now hurrying around to make sure that everything is in place for monitoring it's output live.

On 20th April, our first live monitored site was commissioned. Powis Hughes finally have a 6kW wind turbine up and running. The monitoring software has had a few issues but seems to be running nicely now. As I look at their RenSMART page now, I see that they have made about £90 so far. Only another 7 years to go and they will have their initial investment back.


Yesterday was spend uploading and annotating a couple of videos on how to use RenSMART Weather Data maps. You can find them on the RenSMART video page. They look good so I think I'll probably do a couple more.

Finally I have to look at going back to contracting for a while to get some funds. As Helen reminds me, I should not expect a profitable business after one months trading :-). That is why I am back blogging. It is my CV and agent avoidance plan :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment